Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Onion Rings & Garlic Breadsticks

                                          

Had a dear friend coming over in the afternoon & wanted to make something for her & thought I'd try out my new recipe for Onion rings & I also made some garlic sauce to go with it. I do love the garlic sauce a lot. Guess I try to find opportunity to make it so often! I could've baked these instead of deep frying, but I thought I'd try the fried version for now & will bake the next time. Now for the recipe:

Onion Rings:

2 Large Onion
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
75gms Plain Flour
Pinch of Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 egg
125ml Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
Oil for frying (alternatively you can bake it)

1) Cut the onions into 1 cm round slices & seperate them as rings
2) In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients & set aside
3) Mix the egg with the milk & whisk together
4) Transfer the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients & whisk together till the batter is smooth & free of lumps
5) Heat the oil  & drop each onion rings to the batter & fry them till light golden brown & then turn & fry the other side.
6) Season with salt before serving

This can be served with Garlic sauce also called as Thoum.


Been a while since I wanted to make Garlic Breadstick & finally did it last night. Made the dough the same way I do for a pizza & for the garlic butter, take a little softened butter (unsalted) & crush a few cloves of garlic & add oregano & a little salt & mix together & before baking add the butter on top of the breadsticks & voila! u've got your breadsticks.

I had a little  dough left after making the breadsticks & I made these rolls.

Roll out the dough into a rectangle & spread some garlic butter in the centre & spread some grated Parmesan cheese & few Olive pieces. Cut them as you would do for a cinnamon roll  & bake for about 20mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment