Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Laptop Bag

I have been wanting to make a laptop bag from the time we got our new laptop. So what was stopping me from doing so? Well I had to get hold of the loops and hooks and rings and things before I could actually start sewing. Once I got all my supplies from Balepete, I got down to business. That's right I
jumped in to make a bag! Yay!

I wanted the outer fabric to be Rexine or some such. There was just one shop that I found which had Rexine and I was not happy enough to pick up one of them. Either the thickness was wrong or the colour was wrong or the price!!! I found one piece that I liked the price per meter was in the INR 1,900 range. Too expensive for my budget for the day :-).

Anyway, I also wanted some sort of a waterproof or water repellent fabric, but was unable to find any. I got foam for padding (which I was happy about). Came home and went through my fabric scraps / stash and decided to use a white and black check fabric that I had with me. I don't like too feminine floral when I am making something for myself. I stay in the Grey zone of can be used by men / woman. But every time I make something for my daughter I am most likely to pick up a floral fabric... I know... crazy!!!

I measured the length and breadth of the laptop and added an Inch to both sides and decided to have a height of 2 inches. Just compact enough to hold the laptop and charger and accessories.


One side of the bag has an inside zip and there is space enough to hold charger, mouse etc. This space can also be used to store small items like pen drive etc. I have also made provision for two hooks to hang mobile / tablet / wallet pouch or sun glasses pouch / pencil case pouch. The hook can also be used to hang keys so you don't have to turn the bag inside out in search of it! I always have trouble finding keys in my bag and prefer to have some provision so that my keys are easily visible / accessible.


The other side of the bag where the laptop is snug as a bug!


The middle space can also be used to keep charger or files.


I see scope for improvement and feel proud of my first attempt :-). I will do things a little differently the next time around. But for me, it is the experience that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment