Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What next? Sample drawstring bag and sample laptop sleeve

Now that I've added some more material to my sewing "hoard" section, you'd think I'd make something. You are right! This is my first attempt at using Faux leather and I wanted to make sure I can do a decent job of making a sleeve for my laptop before I attempt the same for an 11" Macbook. I want it to be perfect. I'm making it for someone special and I lover her :-). She has u always  been there for me - through the good, bad and terrible times. They say sisters tend to do that, especially the Big sisters....

So, anyway, I thought I'd make a sample drawstring bag using the new fabrics, just to check how they'd hold up and also to verify if the waterproof lining I got would do its job. And I wanted to make a sample laptop sleeve as well.

And now, the results




Made the laptop sleeve using Faux leather as the outer and inner fabric. Sandwiched between the layers is a layer of 1/2 inch foam padding and foam sheet padding for the front and back panel.
I'm not too proud of the sleeve. I didn't have the right zip and the result is evident... but I'm sure i'll get it right the next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment