Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Class Party, snacks, decorations, Christmas cards, gifts and more

Got the circular from school yesterday, saying, Grade 1 will be having a class party today and kids have to carry some extra snacks. And off goes mommy bear trying to figure out what to send. For the last class party I had sent Veg & Non Veg Samosas and Kiddos favourite Choco chip cookies. So this time I wanted to send something different at the same time easy to make / cook.

Finally after much brain storming, searching for inspiration online and discussing with sisters came to the conclusion I'd make a Veg & Non Veg version for Breadizza i.e. Bread Pizza, which is basically using a slice of bread as the pizza base and building a pizza as normal and then grilling in the oven with cheese on top and a brownie to satisfy the sweet tooth... Yum yum yum :-). Kept aside cooking for today and Naima and I started with the decorations. We got some thermocol shaped as hearts and thermocol balls. We painted all the hearts red and kept them to dry. We made snowman using two different sizes of thermocol balls. Stuck the two pieces together and kept them aside to dry. The leftover thermocol balls also we coloured using different acrylic colours. We had our dinner much later. I am planning to make some tree decorations for kiddos teacher. To complete the decoration, I used some wire I had got last year. I also had some flower stalk wires which are thinner than the other wire.

Some of the decoration pieces

Cards for Teachers




So today morning I started off with the cooking. For Veg Breadizza I choose sweet corn as my topping and for Non - Veg I got some chicken breast, butterflied them and sliced them further to tiny cubes. I then sprinkled some salt & pepper over the cut chicken pieces and mixed it in. In the meantime I heated a pan with oil in it. Once the oil was hot I added a batch of sliced chicken cubes and fried them. Then prepared the bread base - spread the tomato base paste, added cheese, the topping and cheese on top and popped 6 slices of bread on my baking tray per batch. That is all my oven can handle at one go :-). I sliced the bread pieces into two i.e. two triangular pieces. So I had more than 30 each of veg & non veg breadizza.

Brownie was made at the last moment. I made two batches of brownie. It is gooey, sweet brownie. I should've started on the brownies a day ahead. Next time...

Today the kids will be having their Musical "Lion King"... Need to get the kids fed, dressed in time and take them to school as well. I got busy with making Christmas cards / gifts for the teachers. I wanted to give them to their teachers today but I wasn't able to finish them on time. After kids went to bed I completed the card making. Needless to say I have glitter of different colours all over me!!! I made the cards and their envelopes. Need to make the kids write a word on two in the cards. Will do that tomorrow morning.

I wanted to make a top for myself to wear for tomorrow. Didn't get started on it and looks like I may not be able to finish it in time for the program tomorrow... Let's see. I also wanted to make candles for kiddos teachers. My wick tabs got spoiled, because of which I couldn't make the candles. Still thinking if I should spend money and buy the tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment