Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Some more dresses, including Ikat dresses

Yesterday was a wee crazy sewing day. I was sewing the whole day through and now, my body is protesting against all the hard work. Here is what I made today. I have cut cloth for a pant for this top. Looks like I will be sewing it while on vacation.
Update: I sew the blue bottom for the top while using my mom's sewing machine which I'm quite sure is older than me :-).
 

A pair for twins :-)


 The Ikat dresses

I used plain / contrast cotton cloth for the bodice piece and the Ikat fabric for the bottom of the dresses. I must say I'm in love with the Ikat weave.

The bodice piece on this one is cream (though it appears white in the photo) and I used an easy sleeve technique usually found in baby / girls dresses.


For the bodice piece of the next I used a two toned fabric. Its a grey that has a slight shimmer to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment